Saturday, January 2, 2016

What Happened?

It's been a while since I blogged. Life got in the way and other responsibilities were taking up all my time for about a month. Then somehow, when things calmed down, I found I had lost all interest in journaling. I haven't done any art since back in September. That's the longest I have every gone without journaling since I started art journaling five years ago.

The fact that we were moving into the time of shorter days also contributed to my problem. We have had more than our share of dark, cloudy days with or without rain. When today started out with bright sunshine, I could feel myself lifting out of the gloomy funk I have been in for the last couple of weeks.

About a week ago, a note popped up on my computer screen, reminding me that I had registered for a year-long class right before everything fell apart. Since I have already spent my money, I am going to use this class to try to get myself back into the habit of journaling. Hopefully, I will have some work to post sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy reading your comments. My art is a continuous learning process. Constructive criticism is welcome.