Monday, September 14, 2015

29 Faces Challenge - Faces #9 and #10

Here are a couple more faces. They are a little happier than the last ones.


It's really hard to find a photo of a front-facing male face. Every male in my catalog pile was photographed in the three-quarter view. Most of the females are, too, but you can usually find a front-facing female in the women's magazines. I did find some on the web, but the quality was not good. Guess that means I need to move on to the three-quarter view.


Both of these drawings were done mostly freehanded with estimation of placement rather than actual measurement. The only exception was the placement of the eyes when I first began. Once they are in place, I can estimate where other facial features should be placed. It's making my faces looser and more varied. The practice is definitely helping.

'Til next time.


4 comments:

  1. Like these 2 additions, reminds me I should do more males! I think 'estimation' of placement does free us up more, it's sort of adds more distinctive character to the faces - well done! Hey I am still way behind, maybe I should get my art desk now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The measuring is what I have been trying to get away from because that tends to make all my faces look alike. It's nice to know it is working.Thank you for taking time to comment. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to see males in this challenge, we tend to do women, especially young ones, all the time, me too.

    Your pencil lines are fine, expressive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I enjoy reading your comments. My art is a continuous learning process. Constructive criticism is welcome.